Taking screenshots has never been easier
Quickshot is a python application designed to make it easy for all users to capture translated screenshots using an intuitive and semi-automated step-by-step process. Its principal use is with the Ubuntu Manual Project but it will also support configuration and customization for other projects in the near future.
It is written in Python and uses Glade for the user interface.
If you are not using Ubuntu Saucy Salamander (10.04), the easiest, and recommended way to use Quickshot is to download the Quickshot Live CD and boot into that to take screenshots.
Already using Ubuntu 10.04? Add our PPA by running these commands in a terminal:
- Open Quickshot (Applications → Accessories → Quickshot)
- Create a Quickshot user and login
- Let Quickshot set your screen resolution
- Download the list of screenshots
- Choose a screenshot
- Set your desktop up
- Capture, Compare and Upload.